View Single Post
Forced Induction Junkie

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 911st View Post
B&B dose not have a great reputation for mufflers. Borla has a great reputation for mufflers.

Don't know about the sound.

I would not expect a one in split tail pipe 'turbo' muffler that chopes up the exhaust to create the resonance that a two in two out normally asperated muffler might, but I could be wrong.
Wrong. The resonance issue has been discussed on both the Rennlist and Pelican Parts forums for over 10 years.
The problem with the B&B muffler is two-fold. One the inlet pipe is too small, choking the exhaust.....about 10BHP left on the table there.
The resonance issue on dual-out. This isn't unique to B&B, reports of FabSpeed having the problem have been reported as well. As far as I know, this is an inherent problem with all dual-outs.
The only gains in a dual-out are visual.

IMHO, the perfect exhaust both visually and performance wise would be something like Brian's/MK Exhaust muffler exiting on the right rear and the wastegate exhaust exiting in the traditional left rear. Fewer bends in the exhaust and visually balanced at the same time.......but that's just me.
Werk I Zuffenhausen 3.3l/330BHP Engine with Sonderwunsch Cams, FabSpeed Headers, Kokeln IC, Twin Plugged Electromotive Crankfire, Tial Wastegate(0.8 Bar), K27 Hybrid Turbo, Ruf Twin-tip Muffler, Fikse FM-5's 8&10x17, 8:41 R&P
Old 07-16-2010, 05:19 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #15 (permalink)