View Single Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimtweet View Post
ok, i just picked up a 1980 euro spec 930 3.3lt turbo a few months back..

i have a left over brand new 46mm tial wastegate, with .9 bar spring

will this part bolt on? what is the stock boost? is the .9 spring to high?

i have a brand new dual ball bearing gt3071 garret, is this something i can bolt onto the porsche,..

the porsche already has a zork tube and wastegate tube...

with bolting the parts onto the 930, with no computer is my understanding, how the does the engine make up for more air and etc from upgrades, without adjusting or replacing anything else,..

im sorry for these stupid questions, but its something i am really trying to understand before i make any changes
Sweet STi...very sweeet!

Stock boost 0.8 bar
TiAL 46mm is a direct bolt on. 0.9 spring not too high..but double check with your LM1..which I am sure you have.

Mechanical metering of air to address air flow and mixtures.

I am unaware of the turbine flange bolt hole spacing on the gt3071, if it matches the KLDZ turbo then try it but set the boost stock first and again data log with your LM1 first before tweaking the boost levels. Euro cars flow more fuel due to their larger orifices in the fuel heads compared to the choked up US cars (hence part of the 300hp vs 282 difference).

Welcome to the board, post pics or we will ban you for eternity...and we all know you know how to post pics!!!
Old 07-18-2010, 11:37 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)