View Single Post
Slantnose from HELL

I am not a fan of WMI....... But if you want to run it, that's your call. With a good flowing turbo/s and an efficient IC, I don't feel it is needed.

Remember pretty much all the main stream ECU's can easily manage multiple injectors. It is just not necessary to run stagged at the power level you are asking for.

If you ran 2 injectors per cylinder, you would have 2 separate fuel rails per bank in parallel to each other per bank. running 4 fuel rails, all the injector stay in series but the rails would be in parallel from 1 bank to the other.

But running singles the rails will be parallel to each other, with all the injectors in series. And finally terminating to the FPR and from there the return to the tank.

It is actually better to run a higher static fuel pressure for improved atomization, than run the injector higher in the runner. I would stick to the stock injector location so it gets the fuel in the chamber faster. By running a higher static fuel pressure, the spray pattern of the injector would be much more efficient.

In the old days running injectors higher up in the runner help atomization by having the fuel bounce off the runner walls and misting the fuel for atomization. Not the case anymore with today's injectors.
Twin Garrett's, Big Valve, Xtreme Cylinder Heads, JB Racing cylinders and machine work, custom JE pistons, GT2 EVO cams, GT3 oil pump, modified 3.2L intake, 80mm TB, custom Intercooler, equal length headers, DFI, KEP Stage 2 custom twin disc, G50 custom gear set, LSD, Tilton trans pump, Fluidyne cooler
Old 07-21-2010, 06:29 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)