View Single Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by 911st View Post
Good data point.

I had an extreme build C2 Turbo at one time (ports, exhaust, cams, Andial/Porsche S2 re-core IC, custom D-WUR, custom reversed BOV rigged for instant boost (.6 bar of cruse & .2 off idle, full euro injection conversion, EBC, Tial, RUF sways & rims, Cup suspension, bigger brake conversion, Speedster seats to match, cup clutch... ).

I went back to a K27-7200 for the very fast spool over the K29 and an early HF built on a 7006 hot side even though it would not hold full boost to redline if set at 1 bar. No problem at .85.

Yes the big turbo's pulled for ever. However I felt I was faster in real world conditions with the K27-7200 as it spooled so quickly and reached full boost so fast.

Funny. I think it's one of those "the grass is always greener" type of things.

Yeah, we all hate turbolag but with quick-spool, VTG twin-turbos you don't get any of that "WOW!" shot-out-of-a-cannon feeling

On balance, I think HF K27 or Hybrid K29 must be the way to go; SC Cams and K27-7200 feels a bit too much like 'driving a Diesel'
Old 07-23-2010, 04:52 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #29 (permalink)