View Single Post

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by tj930 View Post
Not exactly sure what you mean either by "the air pipe" - do you mean the rubbery part that returns the heated air from the heat exchanger and pipes it into the cabin?

If so, you shouldn't need to remove the heat exchangers...

But really, you need a long Allen Key (can't remember if it's 10mm or 13mm or what), this should go through the HeatEx 'access holes' (for want of a better word) to the Allen-key bolt.

*WARNING* If the HeatExs haven't been taken off recently, this will not be really easy and will require loads of WD40 and then a blow torch to heat the bolts up...

Hi mate

the part im referring to is not the hot air pipe its the air injection pipe as per diagram on the end of this post her --------

Please help identify these parts for me

Its basically got a large hole rusted at the elbow that i cant patch up so i sourced a new one on ebay.Removing the heat exchangers or even getting the bolts off is proving a tough job even with butane heat.

If i dont have to remove it or if just plugging the ports (ive seen the tutorial ) works and adds hp then im up for it.

Dnt quite understand as im a newby how to change mixture etc ,maybe you could pm me ?

I have the 101 projects book not long got it delivered.Obviously if i look to seal the ports off and remove altogether i still need a way of getting heat exchangers off which have had copious amounts of wd 40 on them since i started this job!

Any help greatly appreciated mate as you are in UK it helps.My 930 is a 1983 by the way .

many thanks
Old 07-24-2010, 06:58 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)