View Single Post

I have not read the report you refer to. I can only mention the three sales from my stable over the past year. Keep in mind these were word of mouth sales coming from buyers that were looking for exceptional cars and I am not located in the hottest sales area for these cars. The published report you refer to most likely came from other published sales that encompass many different condition turbo's reported in the past.
Also these were the prices offered by buyers that had been looking at the turbo's being offered ( in one case over 2 years) not prices that I asked or had anything to do with setting, as these cars were not offered for sale with a asking price.
Your right that in the past I have seen slightly higher prices from the hot spots ( Barrett Jackson and other auctions etc ) however they included a 15% os so buyers/sellers premium which gets into the glass being half full or empty analysis of to what the real price was.........They were $60K for a exceptional 1988 SN 31K miles with the right options. $46K for a equally nice 1979 ( silver lobster) 30K miles and $40K for a 87 with 31K miles that had been repainted due to sand storm damage but done so well that I nor judges @ Porsche shows could tell the difference. I was offered $44k until we found, after talking to the original owner, of the repaint ( the insurance co paid over $15K to repair the sand blasting that was just to one side,however they went around the whole car. Bottom line is that exceptional cars still get great prices, even when the stock market was cut in half and the real estate market is in the toilet. I would say that they have been a good investment compared to the traditional investments at certain points in time. Not to mention the Porsche Turbo ownership benifits of saying " it's mine"

Last edited by voitureltd; 07-26-2010 at 10:12 AM..
Old 07-26-2010, 08:09 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)