View Single Post

spence88mph; Hey man I remember that day too.. it was a nice turn-out.. let me know when you'll make it back across the pond to my neck of the woods.

BMAN; If the car works for you in the $12-$15k range, buy it. I can get you hooked in on the engine rebuild for faaaar less than that ridiculous quote of $25-30K !! That car probably only needs a valve job if it's just puffing on start-up.

I have a 78 Targa that's now affectionately known as Smokey. It's been sitting since 03, I got it in late 08.. tinkered with it as time allowed in 09 (not much) and we got it running early this year. 100k miles pulls like a freight train, but smokes like one too.. top end later this year or will keep motor & trans and sell as roller..

Ok " I'm way off topic but the point is that a top end is no big deal and I think that's all that car needs!!

And no, it's not factory but who cares, and really knows the difference when you're cruising.. it's still a 911

Paul
RGruppe #180
So many cars.. so little time!!
Old 07-27-2010, 01:26 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #21 (permalink)