View Single Post
Large Member

Garage
Tx Walt / Mark.

Jacob called me and re-reminded me that despite "what you know" - start w/ the basics. Despite thinking my cap/rotor were ~ 10-15k old, I pulled them and found them looking somewhat scuzzy. Contacts not scored deeply but very black. Scuffed them up and reinstalled, checked all vacuum lines which despite looking dry didn't show any cracks. The rotor contact was near-flush with the orange rotor, nearly no 'protrusion' which somewhat surprised me.

Ran fine this morning - fingers crossed!

Thanks for the support guys!

Pulled a plug for giggles (only 1, ran out of time), looks good to me but what are your thoughts?

also

WTF is this brown wire I found loose? It's coming out of the loom of all the other brown wires, there is a clone to it but a shade darker that is attached to the red rubber thingy (I think that's the boost signal for the gauge?), but was just dangling there tucked away.

AND

what is the stubby rubber hose coming off of the back of the 'solenoid' that my pinky is holding? It's not connected to anything - is it supposed to be? (ignore my temp ghettofab tape job of the other wires)

Any insight appreciated!

For shiggles, I re-connected my decel valve while I was in there. FAWKING-A... I'm jonesin for a long flathead here @ my desk now - I'm near embarrassed to be subjected to the ride home in such unacceptable silence!!! Gotta have that snapcracklePOP! 8-)

| '01 ///M5 | '96 993 C2 cab | '05 S600 Sport - biturbo V12@Just Not Right 495rwhp / 612rwtq |
| '58 TR3A | '01 //S8 | '95 //S6 6gang | '88 ///M5 | '87 190E 2.3-16 |
Old 07-28-2010, 05:15 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)