View Single Post

Ugggg, I hate to cause friction but Mexico? I was afraid to take my bug down there (had a friend who lost a 59 Bus down there at a VW show). Mexico is great for picking up perscription drugs, underage drinking, or maybe restoring that old Chevy farm truck. Here si my thought.... have you ever seen a Tj citizen in a nice Porsche? Porsches are not suited for the mexican roads. I don;t think they would do a good job. It is possible but you will need to speak spanish and more importantly know someone personally to take it to. Mexicans in Tj are loyal to their friends but they love to rip off the gringos. Trust me I live next to mexico.

Ottos would be a great place for a conversion. But you will have to drop your car off and a credit card with a high limit on it. THey will call you when its done and your will be charged whatever it costs (alot! but they are good).

I could do some or all of your conversion. I am up in North County (Tom is as well, but does he do work himself? Doesn't he just sell parts?). I have half of the parts you need already. I have 2 914s here getting 6cyl put in them so you can check my work out for yourself. I don't want to go on and on but I have been working on Porsches for 6 years, I worked with a very German (ex 70s porsche factory employee) man in LA for sometime. I know how to save some money over retail on the conversion process (but using top quality parts). My time is limited but maybe I can help you ou as I am only 30min or so away from you. Email me ALLAIRCOOLED@yahoo.com

Tom has a 914-6 for sale as well, its only $50,000.
Old 09-20-2002, 02:18 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #18 (permalink)