View Single Post

Garage
Another "My car doesn't start" problem

Was running great yesterday. This morning I hopped in and started it up and it ran for 10 - 15 seconds and then died. Turns over fine though.

Pulled the metering switch wire behind the fuel head, pushed the metering plate down and the pumps are not coming on as they should. Checked the fuel pump fuse and it's fine (cleaned it up just to be sure), replaced the fuel pump relays with known good ones (brand new), as well as the one in the engine compartment (which clicks when I depress the metering plate with the switch hooked up) and still no success. Overboost sensor is hooked up and seems to be fine though I haven't grounded it to be sure.

I kinda find it hard to believe that both fuel pumps would crap out at the same time so I'm thinking its something simpler - anyone got any suggestions for something else to look at? I've searched the sticky but haven't seen anything that looks applicable to this particular problem.

Thanks in advance
2004 BMW R1100S
Old 07-30-2010, 09:58 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)