View Single Post

I had not heard there was a difference in the timing values between the 3.3 & 3.6 69EZ. I just have the manual for the 3.3 C2 Turbo.

The 3.3 I think runs about -20 deg +/- I about 2 deg (depending on temps) which is aggressive enough for most.

The 3.6 has a larger combustion chamber that would add to spark travel and higher compression that would speed travel. Might balance each other but Porsche may have changed the programing for all I know.

Having said that, anytime a C2T owner can pick up a used 69EZ for a favorable price one should. The are very expensive if you need one and must buy new. I fried mine once and was lucky to pick up a used one for $100 from an EFI conversion instead of something like $1300.

I suspect a programmable MSD might be a performance upgrade and believe it should work off the stock flywheel sensor but have not confirmed that to be true. Might pick up some low end response and allow for larger spark plug gaps.
Old 07-31-2010, 08:36 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)