View Single Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRD View Post
OK guys, I want to upgrade the brakes on my '88 930 with 993tt engine. I know the fronts should be real 993tt calipers, but what should the rears be? Any ternatives appreciated also.
Thanks,
RD
Depends on exactly what bias ratio you're looking for. Optimal is purely subjective and is also influenced by many things - type of driving (AX, DE, rally, Street), suspension, tires, LSD - to say nothing of personal preference.

993TT front with 965 4-pot (C2 turbo) rears would give a bias comparable to 930 stock (1.6:1), whereas 993 RS would be slightly more rear-biased. TT rears have tiny pistons and would be very front-biased (around 2:1). Not such a big deal if you have ABS - which 930's don't.

I don't really see any practical need to upgrade 930 brakes unless it's for high-speed track use. In which case, you might as well ditch the booster and go to manual brakes (more feel, better modulation, higher pedal pressure) and a dual master-cylinder setup with an adjustable bias balance bar. By selecting the M/C for the rear circuit individually, you can dial in precisely the bias you want (and adjust it dynamically with the bar if desired).

Last edited by spuggy; 08-01-2010 at 05:35 PM..
Old 08-01-2010, 04:26 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)