View Single Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsmith660 View Post
Def. not overboosting gauge is right on 6 psi when slippage starts. I am thinking possibly 250 to 270 hp is what this is turning out this is a very mild build as I didn't go into the motor internals on this go around but next summer or possibly this winter I will start on the short block for a higher output motor and will need if my clutch is not going to hack it then I will need to replace it before the new motor goes in. wastegate by the way is new and works great (Tial).
It's torque, not HP, that the transmission cares about.

Nearly stock 930/60 making 310 ft/lbs ate a Sachs Power Clutch very nearly down to the rivets in ~ 15,000 miles. Couldn't tell it was slipping, the 915 gears were so short.

Once making upwards of 375 ft/lbs (flywheel), it ate a new replacement Power Clutch up pretty much as soon as the motor was broken in - very obviously broke free @ peak torque and thereafter it just got easier and easier to do with less and less throttle... It was in there less than 3,000 miles.

Sachs competition pressure plate seems OK - although the first one mysteriously lost spring tension around 12,000 miles and was replaced for free by the Sachs distributor despite the fact I bought it on another continent...
Old 08-01-2010, 07:28 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #20 (permalink)