View Single Post
Metal Guru

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucittm View Post
Paul,
I know you mentioned this about Delvac before but could you elaborate a bit. Is it a certain feeling you get in your car or is it a repeatable test process to exercise the LSD? I put the Mobil-1 Delvac in mine and I noticed no difference. Maybe I had Delvac in there from the PO, I don't know. But I would be willing to find out how to tell if my LSD is working the way it should, or not.
Mark, my diff was rebuilt about 6k miles ago by the PO so I'm assuming that the friction plates aren't worn out.
When I drove my car with Delvac, the diff felt like it was locked. Very little to no slippage at all accompanied by lots of ugly sounding noise right away.
I drove straight home and changed it to Mobil 1 LS. Problem solved.
In hindsight, I could have added slip agent to the Delvac.
When you corner you should hear the diff slipping on trailing throttle. If there's little to no noise I'd guess that the friction plates are worn.
Port matched, SC cams, K27/K29 turbo, Roush Performance custom headers w/Tial MV-S dual wastegates, Rarlyl8 muffler, LWFW, GT2 clutch & PP, BL wur, factory RS shifter, RS mounts, FVD timing mod, Big Reds, - 210 lb
Old 08-04-2010, 05:02 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)