View Single Post
Boost Abuser

I just cleaned the positive cable at the starter and trans to body ground.Removed negative cable completly and cleaned cable and all attaching cables and body mount for cable.Cleaned positive cable and the attached red factory wires.Nothing was loose or that dirty . there was a little corrosion on the negative wire where it attaches to the body but nothing extreme.The trans to body ground strap is questionable as it looks a little scruffy but I cleaned it up and it looks like copper again.Started car and checked charging system and the car is only charging at 13.54 volts at idle and does not go up with rpm's.With the lights on it is only 13.28. I replaced the alternator last summer but wonder if it needs another one.I know spec should be around 13.8. Would you suspect that the alternator is bad or is this a servicable range? I am also running a odyssey pc 925 battery that is very small and wonder if this may be a cause for the low readings.I will go for a little drive tonight and see if the cable remains warm after the cleaning.
Old 08-06-2010, 02:30 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)