View Single Post
Smart quod bastardus

Garage
9 inch rear Fuchs are a much rarer combo and are worth alot of money as well. So preferred over 8 inch rears.
I run 8 inch with 215 tire in front and 9 inch 245 series in the rear on my 930.
Looks great and the car is pretty balanced though a 225 on front would work too.
For track work more rubber is better. I run 225 front and 255 rear for DE on 17 inch rims and the car is pretty neutral to a tad understeer, but do not have issues breaking loose rear tires so I dont see the benefit of more than 255 on the rear currently.
Wider rubber than you need only adds weight, cost and drag to the equation.
Consider 17 inch diameter rims for track work becuase of a wider selection of track tires to pick from. The trend is towards 18 and 19 inch tires so 17 inch rubber is getting harder to find all the time.
I currently run Nitto NT-01 for my track tires and they are a good bargain for cost vs performance. I only have 1 track weekend on them so cannot judge them fairly yet. Hated Mich Pilot Sport Cups and loved BFGoodrich RA-1 when they were available years ago. I think they are coming back now too.
1979 930 Turbo....3.4L, 7.5to1 comp, SC cams, B&B intercooler, Snow Perf water/meth injection, Rarlyl8 headers, Garret GTX turbo, 36mm ported intakes, Innovate Auxbox/LM-1, custom Manually Adjustable wastegate housing (0.8-1.1bar),--running 0.7bar max
---"When you're racing it's life! Anything else either before or after, is just waiting"

Last edited by fredmeister; 08-07-2010 at 02:03 PM..
Old 08-07-2010, 01:59 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)