View Single Post

Hello there, As a shop owner , I have performed many PPI's , And 90 percent of the time a leakdown test is requested, It can be used to verify the amount of air lost (expressed as apercentage) and of course it can tell us which components are suspect, (rings, valves etc.) ...On a healthy engine the numbers will be close to each other, That being said , in evaluating a porsche for my own purchase I can remember only doing a leak-down once , after driving that particular car it was ovious that there was a problem and this test was used to verify my suspicion. In six other ocasions I purchased without doing a leakdown test and had no regrets.

Of course I will provide the customer with all the relevant info and help them select the procedures to be used,

Two things I always insist in verifying: 1- pull rocker covers ,inspect studs
2-Drain oil, Insp. magnets, cut oil filter
inspect element
Going slightly off topic, Turn the ignition switch on and verify that all the warning lights are in working order, (specifically : ABS, AIR BAG, CH ENGINE)

Over the years we have found cars with missing bulbs,
Also if the car still has the dual mass flywheel check the clutch operation,

Hope everything goes well, 965's are a great car!

Lou / AERO DYNAMICS
Old 08-09-2010, 08:23 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)