View Single Post
MagnaGrafik

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by onboost View Post
Dan,

Nice work.. and I will be contacting you soon about the Gulf livery. I have a DE/Track car? build going on and it will be done in Gulf colors... well sort-of as I have decide to alter the Gulf Blue.

I had been toiling over painting the stripes or using vinyl.. but you may have just answered this.

What's the installation process like, and how many mil thickness? I would also need enough to extend over the decklid/spoiler and rear bumper. Cost?

Thx,

Paul
Hi Paul,

I think for a track car it makes more sense to go with vinyl vs. paintwork. The obvious reason is if you have a shunt (God forbid) you can peel off the old vinyl and put a new set on a lot easier than paint. The other thing about the high quality vinyl is the finished product looks like paintwork. I just finished a GT3 with Martini stripes and they look painted on. See attached photo. Cost will depend upon how elaborate you want to get with the striping and decals. It shouldn't be difficult to find a good install guy in your area. There are several options regarding the various Gulf liveries. I am pretty much a perfectionist when it comes to replicating historic liveries. Feel free to e-mail me at utopia@cinci.rr.com.
Thanks, Dan
Old 08-10-2010, 09:48 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)