View Single Post
Chain fence eating turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmatera View Post
if it was a T3 .81 you would be ok, but that turbo has got to go. If you want quick spool up you will need a smaller exhaust side. Maybe a GT35r or even a GT3076 (may be a bit small for a 3.2). If you don't need a fancy turbo you could try a Master Power 60-1 T3/T4 with a .63 backside
You think a .63 would kill upper hp? Don't want to lose too much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RarlyL8 View Post
The waste gate circuit appears to exit unter the T4 flange at sharp angles which is not optimal. More importantly, that turbo is a fright pig. You'll give up some power going smaller but the car will be much quicker. For the 930/T3 application I like the K27HFS. Your T4 setup will require some homework to find the right turbo for your needs. The GT35R is a popular size for your power level.
Hello Brian, thanks for responding.

Fright pig? I don't follow what you mean, please explain. Why does sharp angles cause issue on the WG circuit? Are GT35R's possible to find without being new? Know who may have made these headers? That's one of my bigger questions.
Cory - turbo'd '87 C3.2 Guards/Blk, 3.4, 7.5:1 CR P & C's, soon to be 993SS cams and GSXR 750 ITB's fed by 964 intake, Borg-Warner S366 turbo @ 1.4 bar, Treadstone full bay IC, TiAL F46 WG, HKS 1 1/2" BOV, twin 044 pumps, MegaSquirt 2 (v3.57 board) w/EDIS, Tramont wheels (285's rr, 225's frt), Big Reds frt, 993 rr., tower brace, MOMO wheel
Old 08-10-2010, 10:51 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)