View Single Post
Chain fence eating turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by RarlyL8 View Post
Fright pig = nasty scary looking. As Darin said, it looks like it ate a chain link fence.

Sharp angles interfere with the flow of the exhaust to the waste gate. The flow of air is pointed towards the turbo and will not make a smooth transition into the waste gate pipes once the waste gate opens. This can cause overboost and sluggish or less crisp response of the waste gate.
The headers primaries appear to be a similar design as mine. They should work well for you if the ID is not too large. Do you know what size the pipes are? An ID of >1.5" will contribute to lag in your application.

Your Carrera must be a handful with that engine!
I don't have a dial caliper around so I used a tape measure. I know this is far from accurate but I got about 5.25 inches circumference equalling ~1.67 inches, so I don't know honestly. If it is bigger than 1 5/8", it is just another contribution to the lag.

As far as a handful, yes it is! I trapped @ 124MPH in the quarter and have pulled a new 600RR Honda sportbike on the highway (speed not disclosed , I know I will get crap for this).

With the old Potenza 285's on the rear, I was spinning 4th slightly and 3rd fairly decently. 2nd was useless and 1st just doesn't make enough boost to doing anything.
Cory - turbo'd '87 C3.2 Guards/Blk, 3.4, 7.5:1 CR P & C's, soon to be 993SS cams and GSXR 750 ITB's fed by 964 intake, Borg-Warner S366 turbo @ 1.4 bar, Treadstone full bay IC, TiAL F46 WG, HKS 1 1/2" BOV, twin 044 pumps, MegaSquirt 2 (v3.57 board) w/EDIS, Tramont wheels (285's rr, 225's frt), Big Reds frt, 993 rr., tower brace, MOMO wheel
Old 08-10-2010, 10:46 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)