View Single Post
Chain fence eating turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmptyGarage View Post
I've been reading with interest, especially when the discussion turned to breaking loose the rear end. I've got 284/40/17's on rear a sheet that says my car makes 500 ft/lbs @4200 rpms up and 420 ft/lbs @ 2500 rpm's. Whole list of mods, EFI etc etc. including aa professional designed chassis tuning and balance

I can bust loose in 1st but that's all, I've been concerned as the car is new to me and my first 930..first Porsche, and I've been thinking I've been had! The car pins you in your seat and I can't even track the boost let alone see my speed , I just try to watch road and rpms, but no spinning rearend. I'm glad to hear that not all cars are spinning tops, mine not!

Knock on wood!
The fact yours makes so much low-end torque tells me your system is very linear and responsive. Mine is not responsive and very on/off like a bottle rocket probably explaining the traction problem I have.

I can't even break the tires loose in the rain in 1st - no boost 'til 5500!

But, as I said, the spinning in 4th was on the old Potenza 285's. The 275 PS2's helped a little but 3rd will still break loose usually every time.
Cory - turbo'd '87 C3.2 Guards/Blk, 3.4, 7.5:1 CR P & C's, soon to be 993SS cams and GSXR 750 ITB's fed by 964 intake, Borg-Warner S366 turbo @ 1.4 bar, Treadstone full bay IC, TiAL F46 WG, HKS 1 1/2" BOV, twin 044 pumps, MegaSquirt 2 (v3.57 board) w/EDIS, Tramont wheels (285's rr, 225's frt), Big Reds frt, 993 rr., tower brace, MOMO wheel
Old 08-10-2010, 05:31 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #19 (permalink)