View Single Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sick 930 View Post
I have been battling with tuning for my 930. It has a 3.3L bored to 3.6L with a 3.2 Carrera intake, twin plugs, and a k27 7006. Also a Haltech F3 ECU with Electromotive Ignition. I am moving away from the F3 unit, and was going with a MegaSquirt II system, but my mech has been having issues trying to get the system working the way he wants, also has spent many of his own hours trying to get a handle on it. He has suggested moving to complete Electromotive TEC3 GT-6 system (ECU, Ign Coils, Harness, and sensors). Only problem is that I've have heard some negative experiences with the TEC3R system from a friend who used to run the TEC3R in his M3 race cars. The main issues was tuning (E-tuning, reliability, and if your battery goes dead or needs to be changed, you lose your maps). I'm not sure which way to go with this. Is there anyone using the MegaSquirt system that has had a good experience, or the TEC3 system. I have also been suggested a newer Haltech (newer that my F3). Any comments or suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks
Since you're familiar with the Haltech units why don't you switch over to one of the Platinum Sport units. Got just about everything you will need and is fully adaptable to many different combos. The Haltech Sport 2000 ecu would be the best choice with full sequential injection and direct fire ignition. If not the Sport 1000 would work with semi-sequential injection and wasted spark ignition.
Most important Haltech got great support.
BIG DADDY PERFORMANCE SUPRA 7.60@186mph E98

Last edited by crispeed; 08-10-2010 at 05:36 PM..
Old 08-10-2010, 05:34 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)