View Single Post
Chain fence eating turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmatera View Post
Tippy, These cars don't drag race well. You will need more than 124mph to go 10's. But I will say this, my new turbo was very laggy, similar to yours. I swapped to a smaller housing and the car is so much better to drive. Doesn't seem to lack top end power either.
I've been around drag racing all my life but that is NOT the intention of the car. I just did it for fun and as a performance measurement. I really want to try a smaller housing once I rebuild.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 930gt-40r View Post

Haha, Sorry about that...
I actually have stock suspension on my car and it sucks- I put a $hit ton of money into the motor and now I have much to spend on making it handle that power...
When talking to Eddie Bello, he told me that you want the rear of our cars to be stiff for drag racing for the purpose of limiting squat. When they squat- they ride the inside of the tire and that is not good for traction. I have never looked into or heard of someone using air shocks on these cars, but there is a first time for everything... Another thing you may want to look into for your car, in order to launch harder, is a 2 step rev limiter.
The "air shocks" was metaphorically speaking -- "Hijackers" was a brand of shocks IIRC that were air shocks and "hijacked" was my thread.

Of course air shocks on a Porsche is blasphemy!

I figured my play-on-words wouldn't work...
Cory - turbo'd '87 C3.2 Guards/Blk, 3.4, 7.5:1 CR P & C's, soon to be 993SS cams and GSXR 750 ITB's fed by 964 intake, Borg-Warner S366 turbo @ 1.4 bar, Treadstone full bay IC, TiAL F46 WG, HKS 1 1/2" BOV, twin 044 pumps, MegaSquirt 2 (v3.57 board) w/EDIS, Tramont wheels (285's rr, 225's frt), Big Reds frt, 993 rr., tower brace, MOMO wheel
Old 08-11-2010, 09:10 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #29 (permalink)