View Single Post
Crotchety Old Bastard

Garage
OK, if your questions still are not answered here are mine:

1. Is my headers good/bad? Not optimal. The waste gate pipe exits below the flange at a very sharp angle. The primary pipe size adds lag at your power level.
2. Would dividing the turbo flange/divided turbine scroll be worth it? (read last night the entire fight about this one but still inconclusive and got excited when I saw the WG system is divided!) Define worth. You can fix what you have far cheaper and get fairly close to same results given your low geared G50.
3. WG system - is it too long? No. See #1
4. What size is my turbo? (Friend I bought from says Turbonetics (that's confirmed - has the "T" on housing) T60-1 0.81 A/R. Sound correct? No idea. Looks too big.
4. Who made my system? (Friend says Protomotive but I don't think it is?) Protomotive is a logical guess.
5. Why is lag soooo bad? See the first #4
6. Is the shaft play contributing to so much lag? I would think so? Not as much as the huge housing.

Now bolt a GT35 on and be done with it so we can get back to bench racing.
Old 08-11-2010, 10:40 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #30 (permalink)