View Single Post

It's such a twisted sickness...mod mod-not mod. If you buy stock, you'll soon want "more", only because you know that "more" is easily attainable. If you enjoy wrenching and doing your own work - and the pride and full understanding of what you end up with - then buy stock and add on as your funds allow. When you're done, you'll know most of the in's and out's of the 930 and will be able to maintain your car by yourself with that knowledge at hand. Face it: Owning one of these almost requires that you become intimately knowledgable, 'cause there isn't some dude just around the corner at the local ricer speed shop that knows them better than you.

If not mechanically inclined, then buy pre-modded to get the performance these cars are capable of. If you're concerned about being a short-term owner and worried about resale, then leave the damn thing alone and enjoy it as-is, then sell when you've tired of it.

My motto: Buy it, plan to keep it until the day you die, and do what you want with it without looking back. And if times are tough and you end up needing to sell, then you'll find the dude that wants a fully modded car 'cause it's so convenient to have had someone else do all the setup work in advance.

The only person that has touched my car...which I purchased stock (or returned to stock before I bought, who knows?)...is me.
Mark H. 1987 930, GP White, Wevo shifter, Borla exhaust, stock everything else. The result of a massive Pelicanite good will fire recovery effort. Truely an open book, ready for the slippery slopes to modification.
Old 08-11-2010, 09:07 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)