View Single Post
I would rather be driving

I guess my questions are

1. What is wrong with the original Haltech? What problems made you switch ECUs?
2. What problems occurred and why did you switch from the Megasquirt system.

I have been running a MSII system for several years now and the engine runs great. I have also installed and tuned several other cars with fantastic results.

btw, Chris, you have some very nice installs that I have seen.

Where is the car running rich? Idle, off-idle, low-speed cruise or under boost? Each requires a different approach to tuning. There are also parts choices to consider. If you are putting down big numbers (as a tuned 3.6 turbo can) you have to consider injector choice. High-impedance injectors will allow high fuel flow but will be difficult to control at low speed due to the inherent time delays of the injector. You just can't open/close in a short enough period of time. In this case you may require low-impedance injectors. This will help the transient response. Of course, not all ECUs can handle the current draw of low-impedance injectors. MSII can.

I agree with Dr Matera. you can find advantages and disadvantages for each ECU. Human error is often the biggest hurdle. Make sure you choose a system that you (or a mechanic or a friend) are familiar with such that you can solve all the problems and build a true "system" that works as intended.

Good luck on the project.
classicautowerks.com - EFI conversion parts
Old 08-12-2010, 08:24 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)