View Single Post
Infidel

Quote:
Originally Posted by esotoracing View Post
Its a 300 hp car. . . .Instead of more power, more power and more power. . . .why dont you go with less weight, less weight, less weight !! If its a weekend / track car, then you can easily get away with fiberglass (or more expensive carbonfiber) bonnet, fenders, doors, remove interior, etc... and you can always easily return to original if the time comes to sell as original.
Add the usual intercooler and exhaust upgrade to help with the inherant turbo lag, and adjustable warm up regulator for some fuel adjustability and cure some problems that CIS has (mid-rage being fat and top end leanning out) and you will have yourself one fun weekend car that will hold its own at the track. Lighter weight means no big brake upgrade or fat tires to hold the twisties. Higher boost = more heat and heat kills these engines! Just my 2cents
Agree with this too I'm a high speed junkie so i needed more power, but for fun, weekend track time etc, the above makes LOTS of sense
87 930, 993 turbo engine, RS Tuning 520PS/515lbf-ft, Arrow Rods, ARP hardware, Solid lifters, G50-50, RS Flywheel, 890nm Sachs clutch, RSR coil overs all round, 993 C4 calipers front, 930 fronts on the rear, Ruf Speedlines.....
Old 540 BMW, XB12S Modified, for being a total hooligan
Old 08-12-2010, 04:27 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)