View Single Post

Garage
Thanks for the input drmatera, & jpnovak

The reason I was moving away from the Haltech F3 is that, it is a +/- 15 yr old system, also it is very difficult to find the special tuning cable that unit requires. A fellow pelican "Turbo Nut" was very kind in letting me borrow the needed cable from across the country. Also the F3 only controls fuel and spark, (from what I understand) and I was suggested that the MS system and other modern systems would give me more engine control such as timing (retard/advance), idle control, boost control, etc.

The issue with the MS system is that my mech was trying to use the DIY MS II with older Electromotive Ign coils. But, it just wasn't being very friendly or working the way he wanted. I don't know all the technical details of why, but it was proving to be difficult. Now, I have heard good things about the MS system from "Turbo Nut " originally, a few others, and now from you guys. The negative comments I have heard about the MS system have been from others (outside Pelican) that eventually offer other systems for sale. I'm sure those other systems are very good, but there maybe some bias in their advice. That is why I turned to the Pelican community to see what others have experienced.

I greatly appreciate everyone's comments, and you all are the reason Pelican is such a wonderful place to get educated on so many topics. We will keep researching and listening, until my mech and I find the sweet spot we're looking for.

Anyone else care to share....let'er rip, I'm all ears.
Regards
Old 08-12-2010, 08:35 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #16 (permalink)