Thread: Fuel question
View Single Post

None of that makes any sense. You unplug, the pumps should run. The switch in the metering arm I think is normally closed and opens when the arm is depressed. Pulling the plug should mimic the same condition as an open switch. Got a weird gremmlin lurking back there.
I'm leanng toward your relay in the rear relay tray. Later cars the relay was rectangular and yellow, earlier I think they were your standard round relays.

You also said this: "With the plug on or off, if I move the metering plate with my hand the pumps come" That is pure magic. If the plug is disconnected, then there is nothing for the switch to send it's "message" through. Are you sure you're not unplugging something else back there (the only other thing might be the frequency valve, but I'm not sure you have an O2 emissions Lambda system in the '79 (thus no frequency valve).
Mark H. 1987 930, GP White, Wevo shifter, Borla exhaust, stock everything else. The result of a massive Pelicanite good will fire recovery effort. Truely an open book, ready for the slippery slopes to modification.
Old 08-15-2010, 05:22 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)