View Single Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpixxi View Post
Paul, We had plans to go to the Concours Italiano, Pebble Beach...etc. We could not tear ourselves away from the Paddock at Laguna Seca. The number of significant cars was overwhelming! Every Porsche that I had ever dreamed about was right there. I remember eating breakfast at First Watch in Monterey when a geniune 906 came driving down the street...unbelievable! I found out later it was Jeff Zwart and Peter Egan from R&T magazine doing a story on what it's like to drive from L.A. to Monterey in a vintage 906. Truly, one of the best vacations I have ever had.
I have to agree Dan, it was one of the best vacations I've had as well!

I did make it to Concours Italiano, it was overwhelming also.. the auctions were something to see as well, the recent run-up on Ferrari prices had just began to trail off and it was evidenced at the auctions..although there were still many beautiful cars of all makes to behold!

The 906 that you speak of.. was it the dark red or burgundy one?

I think the highlight for me was the Commemorative Poster which I had signed by most of the drivers present that drove for Porsche. It was also signed by Peter Schultz, Seinfeld, Jay Leno.. and Dr. Wolfgang Porsche!!

I've been to many events around the country, but that particular year, and the event week was tops!!

regards,

Paul
RGruppe #180
So many cars.. so little time!!
Old 08-17-2010, 11:25 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #26 (permalink)