View Single Post
MagnaGrafik

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by onboost View Post
I have to agree Dan, it was one of the best vacations I've had as well!

I did make it to Concours Italiano, it was overwhelming also.. the auctions were something to see as well, the recent run-up on Ferrari prices had just began to trail off and it was evidenced at the auctions..although there were still many beautiful cars of all makes to behold!

The 906 that you speak of.. was it the dark red or burgundy one?

I think the highlight for me was the Commemorative Poster which I had signed by most of the drivers present that drove for Porsche. It was also signed by Peter Schultz, Seinfeld, Jay Leno.. and Dr. Wolfgang Porsche!!

I've been to many events around the country, but that particular year, and the event week was tops!!

regards,

Paul
Paul,

The 906 was white with a yellow hood with a Pepsi logo on the side. In fact, Jeff Zwart had the car parked in the paddock and on the hood was the Monogram plastic model with the same livery. I had built this actual model when I was a kid and it was a real treat to see in real life. See photo.

We stayed at the Double Tree in Monterey and I will never forget pulling into the parking lot and seeing the exotic cars getting prepped for the big auction. I walk into the lobby and there before my eyes is the white factory 906 LM from 1966. I just handed my credit card to the receptionist over my shoulder. We hadn't even made it to the track yet. What a feast for the automotive senses!

Coupled with the vineyards and a great drive down highway 1 it was truly a week
I won't soon forget.

All the best,
Dan
Old 08-17-2010, 12:05 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #27 (permalink)