Thread: EFI for 3.2SS??
View Single Post

Garage
There is definitely 2 sides to the argument here. I can see the technological advantage of EFI but part of me can't move away from carbs - whether it's right or wrong I love the idea of a older 911 with big cams and carby's.

I'm not going to race it, I just want one in the garage When I bought the DC60's I thought alot about the streetability. Like carbs v EFI there are 2 schools of thought but in the end I had enough feedback to give the big cams a go.

My skill levels are fairly basic and I am learning as I go. I'm just getting my head around everything and the thought of EFI is a bit daunting. If I end up with carbs then I can always move on to EFI later. - maybe not the most economical way to go but it's always an option. I know that the resale on 46mm carbs is pretty good.

I am negotiating with a fellow Pelicanite on a set of PMO's. If that works out then case closed, but if not I'll research some more into EFI. Cost will probably be the biggest voice in my head.

I appreciate all the comments here - these forums are my #1 source of information.

Lindy - any dyno sheets on your build?
Old 08-18-2010, 04:22 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)