View Single Post
Turbofrog

Quote:
Originally Posted by tj930 View Post
The other week I heard the first recession news that made me smile and cheer: Councils in Oxfordshire have run out of money and are no longer able to fund "Safety" Cameras (i.e. Speed Cameras) - other Councils are set to follow suit - the 'war on the motorist' is over.

So the big bluff has been called - if speed cameras are the single cause of decreased numbers of annual Road Deaths over the past 50 years, we're going to see an immediate spike from circa 2,800 to over 6,000 deaths again this year.. Anybody with a brain between their ears knows that this isn't going to happen...
Just wait when they find out that zero tolerance is the new budget maker. I think people have adjusted their driving to brake at the cameras and then speed again so no profit. Average speed cameras are the ticket for earnings and really hard to get by speeding without a ticket. Trapster is handy so no suprises from flashlights come by.

Stoplight cameras are good and I'm all for them.

Last edited by smurfbus; 08-23-2010 at 02:52 AM..
Old 08-23-2010, 02:50 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #31 (permalink)