Thread: clutch help
View Single Post
Scottsdale Arizona USA

Garage
Porsche Crest

A broken spring on the pedal assembly or gearbox? Or release bearing fork issue?

This is the point with the clutch you can really wake up your turbos responsiveness be reducing rotating mass. This makes a world of difference on all levels.

I recommend using the pressure plate cover from the 76-77 Turbo. These are the lower profile and lightweight aluminum option produced by Sachs. Because it is lower profile the starter ring gear and release bearing need offset. Motorsport Design developed the billet stainless steel release bearing extension that fits into the oem release bearing. Then, the starter ring gear spacer is a lightweight machined aluminum extension. TurboKraft would have this set and some experience with everything in-between.

KEP Stage I works great but the pedal stiffness is a pain in my opinion. KEP Stage I is rated at 600ft tq with the stock disc...stage II is even more drastic.

76-77 Pressure Plate: 930 116 021 00 - The sachs RUF type can be used too but spendy.
Sachs Sport, sprung-hub disc: 88 1861 999 615

Happened to have this photo of the used set laying out. Disc was just renewed.

Hope this option helps...

Old 08-26-2010, 05:22 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)