View Single Post

Andy,

Great build and very well thought out.

I love this stuff and I hope to learn a bit more from you if I may.

Do you mean you used 1990-94 normally asperated C2 cams as many have on a turbo?

What was your cam timing stratagy? Did you time them to stock 3.6 normally aspirated specs -- advance them for better low end like most? Or, did you go maybe go the other way and time them for a bit better high end HP?

At what RPM are you seeing peak HP & TQ?

If your peak HP at 1 bar is 447, what peak TQ are you seeing?

Any chance you would share your dyno results?

Did you port the heads and intake manifold?

Can you tell us more about your turbo build? Is the hot side just blue printed or was there a different turbine wheel fitted. On the cold side did you fit a larger / more efficent compressor wheel?

Again, well done and thank you if you can share a bit more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy930 View Post
.. 447 at the wheels without running my zork so maybe a few extra horses using it...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy930 View Post
I built the engine myself starting with 3.4litre mahles, ARP rod bolts and head studs.Time serted the case for added strength. 964 turbo cams and polished combustion chambers. Still using cis with a modded fuel metering head. Half bay intercooler,1bar spring,Stock euro exhaust to the highly modded k26 turbo then out to my 3.5in short zork. To drive, it has all the manners of a standard car and the power delivery is seemless all the way through to 7000rpm. Add to this some warm hoosiers and a good understanding of how to balance the clutch to load the engine in a attempt to keep from unsettling the rear suspension and i think our 930's can still put up a very good fight!
Old 08-29-2010, 06:02 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #50 (permalink)