View Single Post
Turbonut

Garage
Sorry, can't imagine too what on earth would make a harness cost 1200$. Did you use mil-spec connectors or something?

I make harnesses all the time (I install and tune EFI systems, specifically VEMS) and make harnesses out of silicone insulated wires, all new JPT connectors etc and it barely costs 200 in materials.

But regarding trigger setups. If you are going for the hassle and install crank trigger, why on earth would you want to install magnets? Use better sensor that don't need magnets, for example, Honeywell 1GT101 that is Hall sensor and requires nothing more than a bolt head or other metal tooth. Makes your life so much easier.

And I recommend multitooth trigger over "simple trigger" because multitooth is much more precise. It works without cam sync also, you just won't get sequential injection with out it. You can go semi-sequential, meaning firing injectors one-by-one, but they are not timed.

It is usually wiser to choose engine management based on how many sensors you won't have to swap on the engine and what it can do, instead of being forced to run certain sensors.

Best choice for 911 (at least with 9bolt cranks) is to use 964 flywheel that has 60-2 trigger arrangement, next to that is laser- or water-cut trigger wheels mounted to crank pulley (36-1, 60-2). It costs around 30$ to have it cut and find some VR sensor from ANY car that has it stock, you have a hard time spending over 100$ for crank trigger setup (that includes centering the trigger wheel to pulley by machinist).
Old 08-30-2010, 02:13 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #77 (permalink)