View Single Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwest View Post

Improve the MPG...??

Wire the turbo wastegate(s) wide open and mill the heads to get the CR of a N/A engine.
Hey now, there's a concept I never considered....a simple conversion back to a N/A engine! Who needs a stinkin' turbo gas-guzzler anyway.

I will add this: Properly tuned with some supportive add-on gizzmos, a person can get 20mpg just tooling down the road. If mileage under those mild conditions is crap, look somewhere else (such as state of tune, AFR's and/or driving habits).

As to plugs, NGK are a fine choice but the Iridium version I think isn't so friendly with forced induction (I don't know that for a fact, just thought I had read that somewhere). I use NGK racing plugs R5671A-8 gapped to .040 with MSD ignition. Work fine for me. Plus, I have my ignition timing way advanced over stock and run AFR's at about 14.2 steady state down the road. Both help me obtain decent mpg.
Mark H. 1987 930, GP White, Wevo shifter, Borla exhaust, stock everything else. The result of a massive Pelicanite good will fire recovery effort. Truely an open book, ready for the slippery slopes to modification.
Old 08-31-2010, 10:50 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)