View Single Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by equality72521 View Post
I don't give a **** anymore. I just drive it like its stolen and **** everyone else. I rev my straight pipe engine at the red lights and watch the old ladies cringe. **** 'em. When someone waves I wave back. if they don't, **** 'em, I don't care. I'm having fun and I don't need their waves to feel part of a community. I'm my own community. If they don't like my old, air cooled, oil leaking, impact bumper, loud exhaust turbo then they can kiss the back of my hand!
From one Mark to another....right on, bro'!!! Phuque 'em if they can't reciprocate a fellow enthusiast.

I think Brian hit the nail on the head with this: "There's generally a big difference between new car owners and old car enthusiasts".

Just yesterday on the way home from work (with brand new skins on the back, I might add, after last week's blowout), I saw a dude cruising through town in an old fully restored "bathtub". We both at least lifted a finger off the steering wheel in recognition of our fine rides. 'Course, I could have blown his doors off, but he definitely had the cool factor going for him. Anyway, I'm not out to impress anyone other than my own need for adrenalin. I feel bad....way bad....motoring down the road regardless of what people think. I learned a long time ago that how you feel about yourself is so much more important about how people feel about you. New Porsches are very nice, but somehow once Porsche stopped with the 930 the real sportscar marque died as well....but for those of us that proudly keep it alive. The new guys subconsciously drool, wishing they had the balls and wherewithall to own and maintain...of their own accord....one of our fine turbos.
Mark H. 1987 930, GP White, Wevo shifter, Borla exhaust, stock everything else. The result of a massive Pelicanite good will fire recovery effort. Truely an open book, ready for the slippery slopes to modification.
Old 08-31-2010, 09:04 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #16 (permalink)