View Single Post
Happiest when Tinkering

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilikum Turbo View Post
Personally, i don't recommending trying to make a 911SC engine into a 930 engine. The 930 engine was designed from the get-go for forced induction...not so for the SC series. What you may have at the end of such a project is a 'bastard-child' which may be difficult at best to sell or establish a value(kinda like doing some home improvements which can actually de-value a home)

Contrary to popular belief, parts numbers on 911 engines that start with 930_... are not 930 turbo parts lifted onto the regular 911.

Good luck whatever you do!
That is not entirely correct, a part number is a part number the lower end on the SC and the turbo share the majority of the internal parts I believe the difference is the oil pump area as the turbo was designed with a higher capacity pump than the SC and other subtle changes but basically the same. As for cost 22K is certainly possible for any motor but if you are doing the work yourself and not using all exotic parts (as most stock lower end parts are well suited for a turbo motor) you will not need near that much money. As for your "basterd-child" comment to each their own I didn't do it for the established value idea I did it because it's kind of like climbing Everest just to see if I could do it which is more the spirit of this forum and more of what the original thread author was trying to do.
76 911 C.R.A.P. Gruppe #2 BIG time TURBO C.R.A.P. Bitz EFI/EDIS Now MegaSquirt 3
76 Blazer also restored by me
Old 09-03-2010, 04:35 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #58 (permalink)