View Single Post

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bisimoto View Post
I am also curious to how the 915 gearbox would hold up. Any internal mods to the transmission?
The 915 was reworked, and a webing plate of some sort was added to keep the gear clusters more tidy, and a Proforce kevlar clutch and flywheel/pressure plate was installed to take up the torque.

The key I am told with the 915 mated to the 930 is not to beat the car in the 1st gear out of the hole(such as revving hard and dumping the clutch). 1st gear is also very low, so it just gets the car rolling, and then you can really step into it.

2-5 gears all are excellent for response, but strangely enough, 5th-gear seems to be the best, as it seem best suited to the motor, and impresses me the most(although those on-ramps in 2-3 are a LOT of fun!). I gutted a LOT of the car, so it's down to 2450LBS, with almost 300HP, so the power/weight ratio is excellent.

One drawback on the older 3.0L verses the 3.3L turbo...MUCH more thirsty for fuel! But I love her!
Old 09-03-2010, 10:16 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)