View Single Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1SIK930 View Post
Ah, WUR(Warm Up Regulator), got it, thanks. I have an Andial fuel enrichment knob, that I was told adjusts the WUR. So, I guess that means I have an adjustable WUR aready, right? Nope. The Andial interacts with the existing WUR to change the control pressure (lower it) in response to a chosen boost threshold....enriching the mixture on boost beyond what a stock WUR can do. Old technology and somewhat limited, but it does work. An adjustable WUR is a better way to go to get adjustability across the entire power band. It's the next best thing next to EFI.

Is there an easy way to figure out which K27 model turbo I have? Read the tag attached to the turbo. Post the numbers here and you'll get an answer.

I understand the reasoning for staying with the KKK style turbo, but will a ball bearing GT turbo spool up faster? Not necessarily. Probably on par with the K27HF as Brian mentioned.
And thanks guys, for taking the time to respond.
From your description, it sounds like you aready have a well sorted out car. Getting the HP goal you have mind will take many thousands in engine internal and external upgrades. I would start with first gaining as much info as available as to just exactly what has been done to your engine from the previous owner, beyond what you've already mentioned. My guess is that you're already pushing the 400 hp envelope.
Mark H. 1987 930, GP White, Wevo shifter, Borla exhaust, stock everything else. The result of a massive Pelicanite good will fire recovery effort. Truely an open book, ready for the slippery slopes to modification.
Old 09-06-2010, 05:40 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)