View Single Post

Garage
I really do wish I knew what all is in there. I'm the third owner. When I bought the car from the previous owner, who was more of a hot-rod guy, I asked him for all the receipts. But there was no receipt on the engine build. I'm relying on what he told me is in it, and that's a 3.5L conversion, and bigger cam's(he didn't know what kind). So, I guess I won't truly know what's in the block until the next rebuild. Everything else is visual, I/C, twin-plug heads, ect.. It has a 1.0 bar spring in the wastegate. I know this because when I first got it a couple of months ago, I've seen the boost gauge sit at 1.0 bar under pressure. But I am currently having problems keeping boost, as of lately, under full throttle it only gets as high as .8-.9 them starts to drop off. I've checked the o-rings on the I/C and they don't look cracked, maybe a little flat but ok. I think I'll change these anyway. I've checked the rubber hose at the turbo, it seems fine. Any other suggestions on where to look?
Old 09-06-2010, 02:30 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)