View Single Post
Forced Induction Junkie

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Groovie Ghoulie View Post
If its a factory slant, I would bet dollars to donuts you have the extra power. The slant was an expensive option on top of an already high end car. If the customer went to the trouble of adding the slant conversion, they added the power as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by boosted 89 View Post
Yes it is a factory slant..89 to boot! Says M505 on the front hood sticker. It sure feels like it has more than 280hp..but then again, how do you compare..power to weight ratio can really throw you off.

Chris
The Sonderwunsch Slantnose option (SOW010) for the slantnose was a 38,340DM option in the mid 80's and the High Output 330BHP Engine option(SOW020) was 20,975DM. A very hefty price tag for 30 more Brake Horsepower. Granted, there were additional pieces included with the engine option, but still.....

Keep in mind the engines were not certified to pass EPA reg's so they would have to go through the EPA\Customs Federalization when they came into this country...i.e. smog'd.
Werk I Zuffenhausen 3.3l/330BHP Engine with Sonderwunsch Cams, FabSpeed Headers, Kokeln IC, Twin Plugged Electromotive Crankfire, Tial Wastegate(0.8 Bar), K27 Hybrid Turbo, Ruf Twin-tip Muffler, Fikse FM-5's 8&10x17, 8:41 R&P
Old 09-06-2010, 07:45 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #15 (permalink)