View Single Post
Crotchety Old Bastard

Garage
The emphasis for this design is stock replacement fitment. The core is the same type as OEM but is twice as thick. It takes up all the space available without modification to existing parts in the engine bay.
Yes there is an M18 bung located near the throttle body. It can be used for a variety of things such as boost measurement (using a stock sending unit), injection, whatever. What you don't see are a variety of 1/8NPT bungs on the underside, also for use with monitoring equipment or boost sending units as needed to run other applications. I include plugs and barbed fittings for the NPT bungs.
I ran this unit on my car with a 965 BOV and used a stock boost sending unit plugged into that 18M bung to feed the LM-1.
I am working on a design for a full bay unit but do not know how the A/C condenser will impact the cooling ability of the intercooler. It would be of questionable benefit to have half of the intercooler under the stock shroud and the other half with hot air blowing through it from the condenser. If anyone knows how hot the condenser gets I'm all ears (my car does not have one so I cannot measure it).
As always I will offer these to our host once we have some longevity data with no issues.
Old 09-07-2010, 06:53 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)