View Single Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miguel Antonett View Post
Slow spinning after a good "finger tweak" is mostly promoted by some kind of internal friction, friction turns into heat... and on and on... you don't want that. Spinning freely is what you want.
Well heck...these aren't brand new out of the box turbos after all. Seen some mileage, all of them. One would certainly expect some level of drag, of course. I guess my point is, don't expect to pull your turbo off the car and tweak it, and expect it to just spin away until the cows come home (but then, perhaps I'm wrong and they should)! Guess I need to go down to the shop and time what free spinning really means. I'll do that and report back when I get a free moment.

PS: Sorry, crappy mood this evening but since you guys are there, then it's a free audience to bi_ch at. Thanks, I feel better now.
Mark H. 1987 930, GP White, Wevo shifter, Borla exhaust, stock everything else. The result of a massive Pelicanite good will fire recovery effort. Truely an open book, ready for the slippery slopes to modification.
Old 09-07-2010, 08:06 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #17 (permalink)