View Single Post

Your car is a stunning example! There's something about the color red and sportscars...they seem to compliment some, but not others. I wouldn't consider a Ferrari in anything but red, but could not see something like a Lambo in red at all. And for Porsche 930's it's either black, red, or white in my mind.

I opted for white for two reasons: The opportunity presented itself to buy a great condition 930, I had the cash, but unfortunately it wasn't my first choice of color (black)....so I settled for my second choice (white). As for red, yeah...they look terrific, but I already have two red sportscars (3000GT and MGA). So now, I'm partial to white....though it's the first white car I have ever owned.

Plus, it's a known fact that white 930's are faster than any other color. White (picture a white frozen snowfield with zero friction) vs. maybe red (picture fire hot as in increase frictional loss), and you get the picture. Now - if you believe that - then I've got some swamp land I'd like to sell you.
Mark H. 1987 930, GP White, Wevo shifter, Borla exhaust, stock everything else. The result of a massive Pelicanite good will fire recovery effort. Truely an open book, ready for the slippery slopes to modification.
Old 09-09-2010, 02:51 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)