View Single Post
7.0:1 > 11.3:1

Garage
Turbo Braintrust - Question about Wastegate Placement

I'm building a single turbo system for my 993 and though I've got a split vane housing I only intend to use a single wastegate.

Reading everyones opinions over the last few months I've come to realize I won't be taking full advantage of the split vane aspect of the turbo by using a single wasgate. However I've realized I have two locations to tap the wastegate. First picture, and how I originally intended to place the wastegate has it's port right at the flange to the turbo. I then realized I could tap into each exhaust runner prior to the elbow leading up to the turbo, which is more work but I really don't know if it would add to keeping the paulses split. See the second picture where I've drawn a black circle showing where could tap into the exhaust runners.

Am I OTL thinking there would be any advantage to the second scenario?

The wastegate valve is sitting on top of the bottle in the first picture, and it's location would be similar in the second scenario as I want the exhasut routed to the muffler.

Last edited by Jim2; 09-11-2010 at 03:02 PM..
Old 09-11-2010, 02:47 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)