View Single Post

dr,

I read something about that slight bog you were talking about. I can't remember what they said caused it but it took an adjustment to fix it. I'll see if I can find that info for you because it was something simple like flow rate.

From what I have read the optimal mixture is 40 / 60 or 50 /50. the straight meth route is incredibly flammable and adding the water portion also significantly
cools the cylinders. The water injected works in three ways. Firstly, when the water is injected into the intake system prior to the cylinder head, the small droplets absorb heat from the intake air. Water has a very high specific heat rating (it can absorb lots of energy while only slowly increasing in temperature) and so the intake air is initially cooled. Next, the small drops of water start to evaporate. Water has a very high latent heat of evaporation (its change of state absorbs a lot of heat) and so the intake air charge is cooled still further. Finally, when the remaining water droplets and water vapor reach the combustion chamber, steam is produced. This acts as an anti-detonant and also keeps the interior of the engine very clean.

The old consensis was add more fuel to help cool the cylinders. This does help to a point then your pig rich and have a whole new set of issues. Water will cool 6 times better than fuel and methanol will cool 2 times better than fuel. The methanol also increases the octane level.

I think WMI gives you a level of safety that you can't find anywhere for the cost involved. Allot of bang for the buck.

Cole
Mods: TurboKraft Custom IC, 934 Headers, GSX 61, Zork, Port Work, SC Cams, Air Mod Fuel Dist Relocated, Water Meth Injection, BL WUR, MSD 6530, Greddy EBC, Synapse Bov, Short 2nd & 3rd with 8:37 R&P, Wevo Shifter, Coupling, and Mounts, MTX-L SSI-4, Big Brakes, Rebel Coilovers, Bilstein Sports.

Last edited by cole930; 09-12-2010 at 01:14 PM..
Old 09-12-2010, 12:07 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)