View Single Post

I think water/alcohol injection is a fantastic idea for a 930, assuming safeguards are designed into the system. If I continue the modification process on my EFI converted 964 Turbo, I plan to go this route.

In my car, the AEM engine managment system has a plug in auxiliary injection module that interfaces with the EMS. You utilize a different set of maps (more timing, fuel and boost) with the water/methanol flowing than you do with it off. What I like about this system is the failsafes designed into it - if the system fails for whatever reason (blocked nozzle, low level of injectant, electrical failure), the signal to the EMS goes to ground and the system defaults back to the more conservative map. This system has been proven in the HPF M3 turbo's pushing over 1,000hp.

Whichever system you choose to use, make sure it has these safeguards designed... otherwise, some silly $2 injection nozzel that gets blocked could cost you a $20k+ motor!
Best,
John
PS Aquamist is another well-respected aux injection provider. They are based in England.
Old 09-13-2010, 05:51 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #23 (permalink)