View Single Post

Garage
i did not read through this whole thread, but i will shard my thoughts,..

first of all i love water / meth injection

i have a pretty easy set up on a 2004sti

i have a two gallon tank that is located in the trunk (this is a factory jdm tank that was used)

i run 50 / 50 or denatured alcohol and distilled water, i was told this is the best possible mixture,..do not run tap water as it can leave deposites and build up in your intercooler and in your pipes

i have a 150psi progressive pump hooked up to the tank

it is 100% boost controlled, the sti is run by a standalone engine management so its a bit different then the 930, but the water controller is kicks the pump on when the car hits 7psi of boost, as boost builds, the pumps pressure builds

the best place for the injection nozzle is about 2-3 inches before the TB, this gives the mixture time to atomize (i think that is the right work i am looking for)

i was able to pick up about 42whp and 30ish ft/lbs with this set up

DONT LET THE MIXTURE ever run out, once a car is tuned for alcohol, if you hit boost and the tank is empty you can blow your engine (atleast my understanding on the sti)

that is why its set at 7psi, i can ride around all day and if i dont drive the car like a jackass it never kicks on!
Old 09-13-2010, 08:16 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #27 (permalink)